Hey all, it's International Labour Day. My gift to you is a bad joke.
- I hear things are bad in Palestine - the economy's in the can.
- How bad could it be?
- It's so bad, even the suicide bombers are on strike!
- Eric pointed me at FuelEconomy.gov, a rather nice website that various parts of the US government put up regarding getting efficient cars. I'm not a fan of cars, but if one needs them, they might as well be efficient.
- From Google Earth Blog, there's a tool to visualise chatter over AIM
- The US patent system gets a light touch of reform that's probably a good thing (even if I might prefer to mostly shut down IP protections, baby steps..)
- More (probably futile) efforts in making a lasting peace in Sri Lanka
- A wiki to watch American legislative efforts. This might be a very helpful thing.
- Segolene Royal, after having made it into a runoff with just her and Sarkozy for the French presidency, has decided to debate another candidate who didn't make it in order to get more exposure. I think that's very interesting.
- Health groups are pushing schools to stop selling junk food/soda during school hours, to help lessen child obesity. I think this doesn't go far enough, but it's probably a good step.
- UndoJesus. I'm not sure if this is meant to be over-the-top or not.
The weather is gorgeous, and I'm meeting plenty of people I know just walking around randomly outside. Pittsburgh keeps trying to summon cold weather again, but it's out of juice. I'm probably going to be taking lots of walks in the park, with and without accordion, soonish. If anyone wants to join me..
My dreams are working well to frustrate me.
Off to my final!