When I got home from the Beehive, I failed to find anyone interested in dinner, so I made spaghetti. A twist: instead of the hearty tomato flavour, I decided to experiment with something different.. Recipe:
- A fistful of dry spaghetti
- Jar of green olives floating in green olive juice (presumably mixed with water or originally water?)
- Sunflower oil
- A bit of cayenne pepper hot sauce
- Ground mustard, a touch of cardamom, some cilantro
- Garlic salt
- A good amount of strong gourmet mustard I got from a little mustard store in Paris near the louvre a few years ago (finishing out the jar)
- A splash of Manischewitz
I boiled it down into a stewlike consistency - hopefully it'll be tasty (disclaimer: I am the perpetual novice at cooking. This recipe might be no good). The broth is very good (and fairly thick) - when it cools down I look forward to seeing how it all works together.
The basic idea was to make a spaghetti stew where the very idea of mixing tomato sauce into it would be unthinkably wrong....