For now, I have my webpage repaired. A lot of stuff that never made it up is gone, and I'm a bit bummed about it, but at least all the files internally linked are there now, even if many are older than the lost versions. I'm rather glad I kept several different backups lying around. I guess the only thing to do is to pick up from where I am now. It's a big frustration, to tread down a creative path you've already walked, your work lost. Frankly, it's one of my least favorite things in the world.
And now, on a lighter mood... I normally really loathe those surveys and quizzes that are passed around on the net, but finally I was handed one that sounds almost intriguing -- name X songs that belong on a soundtrack to your life. I don't recall what number X is.. it really doesn't matter.
- Weird Science - Oingo Boingo
- The notion of mad scientists has always been deeply fascinating to me, their fanaticism, their seperation from the masses, their devotion, their rocky search for knowledge..
- Sally's Lament - (soundtrack to nightmare before christmas)
- The mournful search for love
- Superheroes - (Rocky Horror Show)
- The pain of failure of absolute morality
- Like a Prayer - Madonna
- The sight of people who have not yet had clear thought pierce their happiness. This really needs a 'reprise' version for when happiness is reconstructed by the self on more solid ground
- Mercurochrome - Watershed
- The knowledge of what it is to give up
- Soviet National Anthem - ???
- The tragic. Marching to certain defeat, but holding an aura of nobility, sadness, and finality in that act.
- Cyclops Rock - They Might Be Giants
- Pain of failed love
- Meek Shall Inherit - (Little Shop of Horrors soundtrack)
- The sight of someone tossing off their shackles, beginning to find enlightenment, but being held back by something, so their ascendance is tangled and they become twisted and ugly.