- The Borat movie. Thanks to Eric for telling me about Borat - I somehow missed the boat. I might try to see this today.
- Occasionally I wish I had a system good for PC games. this is why.
- Asking people you don't trust to help you sort sensitive information is a bad idea
- Reviving dead viruses may be a bad idea
- Trafficking workers illegally to build US Embassies and the like is probably a bad idea, but people can get away with it when government is either too weak or not idealistic enough to care
- Moonlighting as a fake priest in Japan is apparently a good idea.
- We're seeing the first cases of clashes between traditional practices from Africa that go against western notions of individuality and modernism, in this case "female circumcision". I wonder what the multiculturalists think about things like this.
- Seagate has an unspeakably bad idea - using hardware encryption on hard drives. I quote: "Even data recovery specialists would not be able to help..."
The other side of Shari'a, that it represents an order that opposes crime (its definition having partial but not complete overlap with western notions of jurisprudence), is interesting sometimes -- If I were not concerned about the escapability of theocracy, I would have a tougher time deciding between support of theocratic parties versus warlords.
I think I'm going to enjoy this weekend - laundry, cleaning, a good amount of sleep, that movie, etc etc.