Advertisement -- Our product uses patented proprietary technologies to do XYZ -- Joe Random thinks, "Cool! Exclusive" -- I think, "Jerks!"
Last night, I had a dream of getting, dirt cheap, large quantities of spares ofmy current cellphone on Amazon. I do wonder why I like my ancient cell phoneso much... it's just so comforting. I probably should avoid the temptation to,when this one dies, getting another of the exact same model though -- there aresome features I'd like in a newer phone (more message memory, the ability tomake lower-case letters when text messaging, tone ringer, and nice sync withcomputer).. Hmm.. maybe not though -- I have learned how to navigate this onepretty quickly. It's all a matter of what's out there when this one starts toget flakey..
Yesterday's BIRC seminar was interesting -- we coveredlocalization of different kinds of object memory/semantics in one session,autism in the other. I love all the opportunities open to me to learn in thisjob. I still am bothered at my inability to stay awake for long meetings -- nomatter what the topic is or how interesting it is, after about an hour withouta break, I start to nod off, and at around 2 hours, I start to involuntarilyfree-associate and eventually have thoughts that don't make much sense, to theextent that explaining them would be difficult, like building origami in ablack hole, or perhaps taking deep-sea fishes out of their extreme pressureenvironment and having them not explode. Even thinking about those thoughts,remembering them from yesterday, feels weird. They're not "sick" or anythinglike that, they just employ logic paths that .. well, are pseudo-logic paths,sometimes giving impressions of motion instead of even bearing a resemblanceto normal ways of thinking. Anyhow, while it's interesting to experience sucha thing, I'd like to find a way to avoid doing so in important and usefulmeetings/seminars. It seems rude, but perhaps I'll just get up and take abrief walk outside the room when I start to get that way. Readers, do any ofyou experience the same thing, and how do you handle it?
I have a vague impression, but no concrete memories, of passing up on splurgingon things I don't need. I'm not sure if it's really fair to be happyfor not wastefully spending money when I don't even know if it's anything morethan an impression, but I am, nontheless, happy.
"I want to be a conservative, but the conservatives are fscking crazy" -- Unknown
Hmm.Orkut has a lot of kooks. It reflects society well.
Then in the months of August and September... Mars changed its course in theopposite direction to the West- and that until the end of September..which means the sun will rise now from the west on Mars!!
And this weird phenomena of the opposite movement called "Retrograde Motion"Most scientist state that all the planets will go through the same once atleast and our planet Earth is one of them. Planet Earth will move in theopposite direction some day and the sun will rise from the west!!
This might occur soon and we are unaware!
The rise of the sun from the west is mentioned in the hadith and this is themajor sign of the day of judgment, most if not All, the minor signs haveoccured. Wake up.
Our beloved messenger Mohamed (Peace Be Upon Him) said:"One of the signs of the hour..the sun will rise from the west,where no longer tauba (forgiveness) will be granted" !!
And the strange thing..most of our Shariah scholars mentionedthat the rise of the sun from the west occurs only once..on that day..the sun will rise from the west..then again from the east..and continues until Allah wishes..and this is similar to what is happening to Mars..it stops, then it changes its course of direction fora short period of time..then returns to way once it was.
Na klar, I wouldn't've had a very good idea what he's talking about before Itook a philosophy of science class some time ago here at CMU -- learningpre-heliocentric astronomy wasn't covered in my education :)
My labeling of my mp3s is finally done and good. Apart from some vivaldiCD rips I got which never had names I knew, the collection is all named,mostly with the right and consistant author and album names, and I now havemusic all the time, without needing to worry so much about battery. Hurrah!
So, here's what I've been thinking about recently...
- Some design issues for the next version of my blog
- Moving to Europe.. if, when, how, if I could honestly pledge allegiance to another country to get citizenship, given that I couldn't honestly pledge allegiance to the United States today, and just happen to be a citizen here by accident of birth. I've already advanced myself beyond nationalism, and even the token pledge to a country would irk me in the same way that being confirmed methodist while being an atheist still bothers me. Does this doom me to be an American citizen for the rest of my life?
- How can I help the people in my life that I want to help?
- How can I best handle the situations where I would like to help people and be a good person to talk to and get advice from, when I have a personal interest in the matters involved?
- How in should I handle that personal interest emotionally?
- What are the details, of the sketch of my future life I have right now?
- The Cannes Film Festival certainly would be a good part of a vacation to Europe. How long a vacation can I manage over there financially? Jobwise? What do I want to see? I hope to work this out with my likely companion for the trip when I have more of an idea myself..
- Some of my friends from Columbus are getting ready to move far away. Can I get time to visit them, or convince them to come visit me before they go? When is there time?
- I want some more time to work on my philosophy, but I need calm, unstructured time each weekend, and fitting stuff in there doesn't work in any kind of a planned way