On the way to work today, a hedgehog let me walk right up and watch him eat vegitation from within 3 feet. I stood there for about 10 minutes -- they are beautiful creatures with a lot of personality, kind of like my cat Beefalo. I've noticed that nature always seems to take a liking to me.
There's something that seems wrong about this:
While we're doing images, sometimes life is self-parodying. I *know* full well that this is either a bug in GGV or something about my not having the right fonts installed, but the effect is hilarious. I was downloading information about the "No Child Left Behind" act for a discussion at PUSH, and one of the PDFs from a government site was redered as this:
If you want to try your PDF reader on it, the document is here.
And in politics...
- It looks like the whitewashing of the abuse in Iraq might not be too successful.
- Puerto Rican people are upset that the FBI knocked off a pro independence leader.
- Former Judge Moore is in da house. That's scary, but it's part of a larger trend -- theocrats and liberals are both feeling particularly bold right now in pushing for their political ends, and the Kulturkampf is particularly lively. I am worried that the theocrats are going to make significant inroads -- as always, I am thinking about arranging to move to Europe.
- BushJr's recent supreme court nomination is mostly cronyism, but it's angering Republicans because they don't know if she has the skills or the fundamentalist bent that they want. I am very disturbed to see BushJr's primary argument to the people that they should accept her is that she's highly involved in Christian evangelism.
- The latest propoganda from our glorious leader.
- Apparently, the Senate is not happy about the whole torture thing though..
- We have the technology... to build a Giant Panda Breeding Base!
- This bad idea isn't from Miguel. Surprise!