In two days, my Verizon Wireless contract will move from being binding on me to being "at-will". I intend to switch phones and services, to some GSM-capable phone and a service that'll probably be month-by-month (I don't use the phone a lot, and I'll likely be in Europe this time next year, unless I fall in love with someone in Pittsburgh and stick around). So... I'd like advice, mostly about phones.
- Quad-GSM, with SIM card (European compatibility blah blah)
- Not particularly expensive
- Ideally won't have a screen that's exposed all the time (I am very rough on electronics)
- Decent antenna
- Quirky might be fun
- A low-res camera might be occasionally useful (my camera's kinda bulky, and photographing paper is often useful)
- Ringtones are replacable over USB or similar (paying money for a custom ringtome is very lame), and pictures can be retrieved from the phone the same way
- Internet access that can be passed easily to a computer might be nice too, although it's really no big deal if it's not present.