Recent fun things I've been doing:
- Got about 2 hours sleep last night, but because it matched perfectly up to a REM cycle (I think), I felt ok when I woke up and was ok the whole day
- Had dinner with Em. This makes me happy for a number of reasons.
- Helped J and R make cookies. Cooking with friends is fun.
- Had a number of deep and meaningful conversations
- Recovered, with the help of some perl, some data from a SQL dump of my old mediawiki database, without reimporting the dump into a database. This involved chopping out uninteresting fields and then parsing the data mediawiki uses internally for its SQL into its external wiki format.
- Learned more about how mediawiki works in that process. It is sometimes said that if one wants to understand how a program works, one should primarily study its data structures -- the code flows form that. This perspective got another feather in its cap.
- Enjoying the Dean Grey music.
- I will be interviewed by a newspaper tomorrow (was scheduled for today, but schedule conflicts kept it frolm working)
- I will be catsitting two additional cats soon
- I will repair or arrange to have repaired the living room light for my apartment
- I will hopefully grab a meal with Em again
- I will go to a gathering with most of the people from the two labs in our part of Baker Hall
For the future, I hope to better keep track of:
- Opera in Pittsburgh
- Local (CMU) musical events that are worth attending