I am, as a phone call today prompts me, likely to be moving at the expiry of my current lease. This is rather unfortunate and surprising. Apparently the gas bills for my apartment were too high for my landlord to keep swallowing, so my rent goes from $700 to $750. As a general rule, I am unwilling to ever pay increases in rent, no matter how nice the place is. Soo.... I need to find a new place, preferably in Squirrel Hill (although Shadyside or possibly one of the areas slightly towards the Waterfront (but *not* down the hill) might be acceptable). It's must allow cats and have in-house laundry (preferably free). I would think about living with people, but it probably would not work out for various reasons. I have to give the final ok to my landlord by the end of the month (and then really quickly have someone fix the damage my cats did to the rug before he sees it and flips).
I saw this in someone else's blog, and it amused.. It's entirely silly because dates are arbitrary, but.. Things that Happened on my Birthday (courtesy Wikipedia)
- 1894 - Labour Day becomes an American Holiday - This is, alas, the fake American labour day, not 1 May
- 1914 - Franz Ferdinand of Osterreich assassinated, eventually starting WW1
- 1919 - Treaty of Versailles signed, ending WW1 - Hooray for failed solutions and vindictiveness
- 1960 - American oil refineries in Cuba nationalised - Hurrah. Down with neocolonialism
- 1964 - Stonewall riots for gay rights - w00t
- 1997 - Mike Tyson booted from boxing for biting off someone's ear - Hooray for bizarro world
- 2004 - Iraq goes from being under a US mandate to being a puppet state - Oh geez. Doubleplusweird.
- 2005 - Canada's house of commons approves same-sex marrage - Yay.
My accordion is in Florida (or at least it was this morning), according to UPS.
Special:Randompage took me to The Incredible Machine, which was an awesome game back in my DOS days.
- Hamas calls aid withdrawl blackmail. Maybe, just maybe, Hamas should instead consider not being anathema to the western notion of progress while it extends beggar's hands to western nations.. just a thought..
- Egypt to meet with new Israeli PM Olmert. If making friends with one's saner neighbour counts as progress with one's less sane neighbour, this is good
- As always, BushJr's administration muffles science. What's wrong with them? I hope someone really sticks it to them when coastal cities begin to flood and the biosphere is screwed. Sure, it'll be too late, but it'll becathardic, at least.
- I want to visit this place, the site of reversable destiny. I then want to live in a place like this. Not news, but ..
- This is a severe case of "That's Not How It Works". Jacob Zuma wins (maybe?) a darwin award
- Sonic better watch out, because the Robotnik family is on its way
I've been getting an odd amount of spam posing to be from Chase Bank recently. Hmm.
Any hints/leads on housing would be appreciated.