Friday I went climbing, and ended up meeting up with Jenerator and a bunch of her friends. It went well, except I had gone climbing on Wednesday of that week and my muscles were not ready for climbing again two days later. This combines badly with my right foot being injured. Today I was incredibly sore and hobbling around for the experiment. I had another nice lunch at Bruchetta's afterwards, came home, and took a nap. As for my new TV, some impressions:
- It doesn't make the continuous high-pitched squeal CRTs and traditional TVs make. I can't tell it's on when it's not making noise. This is kind of weird..
- Either my VCR/DVD player puts out a bad component signal or the TV is kind of sensitive -- when playing stuff using the component input, it sometimes drops video and says output out of sync for a few seconds. There are no problems with the composite input, or using component with the gamecube.
- Things look great with the DVI input using my windows laptop. I watched a movie and played Civ3 for a bit that way.
- Bright whites are a bit too white
- It's time to decide on the computer
A recent advance in gentics has given us cats that don't cause allergies for some people. Initial reaction: Perhaps people should simply get another type of pet? Also: $2000 for a cat seems a bit excessive, especially given how much good $2000 could do at a pet shelter.. But: Such cats could be bred and create more non-allergy-making cats Hmm: Would the inventors be jerks and claim "ownership" over such cats to the extent that future litters would need have a license fee associated with their improvements?
I'm probably going to be staying at home for all of tomorrow and relaxing. Anyone who wants to visit will be welcome.