Wednesday, I made a small bend to sentimental foolishness and, given fortune to have a break from a migraine that otherwise filled that day, went out and had a nice dinner at Ma Provence, the new, moderately expensive French place on Forbes. The place seemed more similar to French restaurant traditions than the other French place on Forbes -- the portions were European-sized (that is, small), the menu encouraged a multicourse meal, and there was an expectation of the meal taking awhile.
- Wine - I don't recall what I ordered, but it was mild and pleasant, despite not being at all sweet
- Water - They were out of Perrier, so I had another French bubbly water that was also quite pleasant
- Warm Goat Cheese Salad - Thankfully missing the advertised bacon, this was excellent. The cheese was the highlight, probably the best goat cheese I've ever had. The rest of the salad made a nice background with a pleasant mix of textures and tastes. It would've been very easy to have messed this up by overflavouring it, but they did not.
- Magret de Canard et Son Coulis de Framboises - The portions were, as expected, small, but the taste was exquisite. I love duck, and while I don't eat meat very often, for duck, I will never hesitate. The amount of fat was just right, and the meat was perfect. The accompaniments, while best-of-breed for what they were, didn't do much for me (I liked eating them, but might've preferred eating more duck in their place)
- Cheese Plate - I chose 5 of the cheeses, a nice mix of wet and semi-hard cheeses, with a variety of their breads. This was a lot of cheese. It was worth it, although my stomach is somewhat upset, a day later.
Tonight, I had friends visit to watch Dolemite and the Dr Who movie. This was pretty cool.
After today's system update, some of my fonts are different. This is odd. Things don't seem clearly better or worse, but many of the menus and similar are larger. Hmm.