Please pardon my phone-wankery -- it's just this one post, I think.
I sometimes wish that it were not such poor phone etiquette to have audible, musical ringtones, because now that I have a phone that can play MP3s, I'm kind of tempted to choose appropriate MP3s for various events. A few candidates:
- Telefrancais theme, inspired by this episode of Qwantz. Not particularly creative, but quite amusing.
- TMBG's Call Connected through the NSA. Similarly noncreative but inspiring.
- Dalek saying exterminate. Amusing.
- A clip from a Shirley Q Liquor episode: "You is a back-stabbin' lie, and you is goin' down, baby!". Pro: It's damned funny. Con: I'll be lynched.
- Inspector Gadget theme. Very recognisable, not irritating and the intro is nonvocal.
- Osdorp Posse's "Origineel Amsterdams". Has the right kind of intro, and even though a rap follows, it's in Dutch and is thus likely not so attention-grabbing to English-speakers as something in English would be.
I am somewhat disturbed that Tortfeasor likes rolling in my dirty, smelly socks. I am further disturbed at exactly how clever Beefalo looks when she hops on my shelves, delicately swats things off of them, and then carries them off, one-by-one, into the other room. Creepy. I sometimes lose things for good this way, gone for good into catspace.